School Name: Haven Montessori School
Start Date: 08/06/2019
The Haven Montessori School seeks a Lower Elementary guide to begin in the 2019-20 school year. Located in the beautiful mountains of Flagstaff, Arizona, Haven Montessori is a private preschool for children aged 4 months through 5 years, and an Arizona Public Charter School for grades K-6. The mission of Haven Montessori School is to provide a rich and nurturing educational experience for our students that will inspire peaceful relations and a lifetime love of learning.
POSITION: Lower Elementary (1st-3rd Grade) Lead Teacher (10 month position to begin in August 2019).
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year University
• Completion of an accredited 6-12 Montessori training program
• US citizenship or permanent residency status
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in education, special education, Montessori education, and/or other education-related field.
• Completion of AMI or AMS 6-12 Training
• 2+ years of teaching experience
• Prepares, and maintains a beautiful environment, on a daily basis that meets the needs of all students;
• Initiates and facilitates ongoing dialogue with parents on the overall development of each child;
• Demonstrates competency to deliver an educational program based on the individual;
• Demonstrates competency to provide effective, innovative instruction with a balance of Montessori materials integrated with the Arizona State Standards;
• Oversees the learning of all children in the classroom while partnering with the assistant in supporting the needs of all students;
• Demonstrates basic computer literacy/competency;
• Conducts the class: plans, develops, records and implements class curriculum; makes materials when needed, maintains classroom materials and keeps shelves clean and orderly;
• Keeps accurate daily, weekly, and monthly lesson plans which describe lessons given, curriculum covered and observation notes for each child and turns them in as directed;
• Continues to get to know each child’s learning style(s) and interests to increase all eight constructs (emotional, social, ethical, aesthetic, creative, wellness, intellectual and “school success”);
The Haven Montessori School offers a supportive and positive work environment, with many opportunities for individual growth.
• A flexible benefit allocation included in gross pay
• 8 days paid time off, 3 professional development days, in addition to many school breaks and holidays
• Discounted tuition for preschool students
• Salary range $35,000-45,000 depending on education and experience, according to the Haven Montessori salary schedule.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Please no phone calls.
To learn more about the Haven Montessori School please visit www.havenmontessori.org.
The Haven Montessori Children’s House and Charter School and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Phone: (928) 522-0985
This post was written by gm_amieaa