School Name: Marin Montessori School
Start Date: 08/18/2020
Faculty Teaching Position: Elementary Guide
Located just on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge in beautiful Corte Madera, California, Marin Montessori School seeks a full-time AMI-trained faculty member for our Elementary program (Upper or Lower Elementary Guide depending on the qualifications of the ideal candidate). This position is an exciting opportunity to work with a team of experienced faculty dedicated to authentic Montessori pedagogy within a mature program. The compensation package for this position is very generous and may include relocation expenses.
Marin Montessori School:
This is an especially thrilling time to join Marin Montessori, a highly-regarded Bay Area school with a history of over fifty years, a newer and thriving Junior High program in San Rafael, and accreditations from both AMI (Association Montessori International) and CAIS (California Association of Independent Schools). This year MMS welcomed former Vice President Al Gore as our keynote speaker for our annual fundraiser, and we opened a new, stunning waterfront and nature-rich elementary wing of campus. This is allowing for tremendous indoor-outdoor learning opportunities and close connections between teachers and classes. MMS is a school with passionate educators and engaged and enthusiastic families.
Preferred Experience and Attributes:
• A committed, deep understanding and passion for authentic Montessori pedagogy and practice
• Flexibility and warmth along with a high degree of professionalism and strong work ethic
• A collaborative work style while maintaining an identity of his/her own
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with fostering and maintaining excellent professional relationships with students, parents, faculty, and administration
• Confidence and experience in the lessons and extensions required in elementary classroom
• At least 3 years of teaching experience in an elementary classroom
• AMI Elementary Diploma
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Must be computer literate and be proficient in Word and standard email programs
• Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds
• Must have a clear driving record
• Must pass the LiveScan fingerprint testing through the Department of Justice
This is an exempt, full-time teaching position. The salary and benefits package is very competitive, matching or exceeding Bay Area independent school norms.
Marin Montessori School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of age, ancestry, color, religious creed, denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical), marital, familial or parental status, medical condition, genetic information, military and Veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (415) 924-5388
This post was written by gm_amieaa