School Name: Moore Montessori Community School
Start Date: 08/16/2022
An avid learner, skilled communicator, and enthusiastic classroom presence, an Elementary Guide leads mixed-age learning communities using the Montessori method in fully-equipped classrooms. With the belief that public Montessori has the capacity to be a transformative education model by meeting the unique needs of all learners, an Elementary Guide must also meet North Carolina Standards within the Montessori framework. Elementary Guides meet weekly with Instructional Coach for ongoing coaching and support. In addition to individual coaching, MMCS provides time for educators to meet in Professional Learning Communities each Friday from 1 pm to 4 pm.
AMI/AMS diploma in related age group
Two or more years of classroom teaching and management experience in public school and/or Montessori environment
North Carolina teaching license or willingness to complete North Carolina residential license
– Ability to generate weekly lesson plans that align with MMCS Curriculum Map
– Maintain record keeping to track student progress
– Willingness to follow Child Study Protocol (a Montessori-based Response to – Intervention tool) and partner with Special Education Team to implement classroom-based IEP requirements
– Values service to all children, regardless of background or needs, in an inclusive and supportive setting
– Ability to build meaningful relationships with students, parents, and staff
Compensation & Benefits
– Salary offer is commensurate professional experience
– Priority enrollment for staff children
– Participate in the North Carolina State Teacher Health Insurance Plan
– Retirement planning with School Match Program
– Paid Time Off
– Bottomless tea & coffee!
– Plan and manage three-hour work cycle to ensure children are building fluency in math and language while “tending the light of intelligence” within each child
– Use Grace & Courtesy as foundation for the culture of the classroom
– Create a classroom environment that supports the needs of the second plane student
– Use Flyleaf Curriculum and books to provide foundational reading and comprehension instruction
– Develop classroom assistants to manage key parts of classroom systems and routines
– Hold weekly check-in meetings with the classroom assistants
– Keep a shared and posted schedule of planned lessons in the observation chair
– Prepare progress reports for parent-teacher conferences and keep written notes from conferences
– Participate in limited school wide tasks such as carline, classroom lunch or school outings
– Assist in the development of and participation in school functions, including but not limited to open houses, orientation meetings, family education events, and school-wide activities
About Moore Montessori Community School
At MMCS, we believe every child is capable of building strong academic foundations, dynamic social-emotional skills, and trust in his or her own abilities. Our goal is to prepare students for lives of joy and purpose in the 21st century.
Located in Southern Pines, NC, MMCS is the first and only public Montessori school in the region. As a public charter school, MMCS is able to implement an authentic Montessori education model within a public setting for our diverse students. MMCS is inspired by Dr. Angeline Lillard’s seminal study, which highlights how Montessori equalizes and elevates academic and social-emotional outcomes for children from various socioeconomic backgrounds.
Interested applicants may send a resume to Katherine Rucker at . After receiving your resume, we will contact you to schedule a brief introductory phone call with a school administrator to determine scheduling the formal interview process which includes: a full interview with school leadership, submitting select work samples, and reference check with current or former employers.
Moore Montessori Community School
255 S. May Street
Southern Pines, NC 28387
Contact Phone: (910) 636-1325
This post was written by gm_amieaa